The body reset detox – Series 1
In my previous blog I said you can eat on holiday and lose weight. Yeah that’s right.. So how about losing the extra flab before hitting the beach? Otherwise you may consider to book an extra comfort seat on the flight back..
Your body everyday work revolves around detoxifying and rejuvenating. Though often the system becomes overwhelmed, and becomes a toxic waste dump. Scary eh..!? Over time this will have a negative impact on your body, and this is when you need to consider a body – reset detox and these series of blogs will just help you do that!
How do I know if it’s for me
If you are one of those people who have a poor or unbalanced diet, or those who continually overeat.. You have a high caffeine (more then 400mg / day) or alcohol intake (women 2/3 units/day and men ¾ units/day).. You are a smokers or those living in a polluted atmosphere, or working with chemicals.. Are suffering from recent illness (with or without drug therapy) and suffering with physical and/or emotional stress.. Have trouble losing weight..Have skin problems, muscle aches, food cravings, diarrhea, gas, heartburn, headaches, constipation, difficulty concentrating, puffy, dark circles under the eyes, bad breath, muscle aches, joint pain, skin problems.
Bumpy road to cellulite
The combined actions of the lymphatic system, the liver, kidneys, bowels and skin enable the body to efficiently break down, neutralise and eliminate pollutants. Toxins are removed via sweat, urine, breath and faeces. However, a body overloaded with toxins will not be able to effectively remove them, and toxins may be stored in the liver and in the body fat causing nasty cellulite. A good detox diet that is based around the following principles help the body remove toxins and aid the function of the lymphatic system, liver and kidneys..
Body – reset detox – to do’s
As the basis for all good detox programmes will be organic fruit and vegetables. Thus avoide added toxins such as pesticides and fungicide.
- Eat whole, unrefined natural foods – avoid refined and modified foods
- Drink around two litres of filtered water or pure herbal teas/day
- Include foods that will aid the process of detoxifying such as antioxidants
- Consider your environmental pollutants such as smoky atmosphere, chemicals, deodorants and detergents around the home a and work (cleaning chemicals and sprays particularly!)
Key elements of a successful detox include
- Regular gentle to moderate exercise *
- Regular eating and drinking (small quantities, spread out 5 – 6 meals a day)
- Avoiding stress and intense exercise
- Ensuring adequate amount of sleep (least 7 hours/day)
- Get outdoors as much as possible and daily
- Relax as much as possible, give meditation a go
- Use sauna or steam rooms and exfoliate the skin daily with dry brush
* Regular exercise enhances the work of the lymph and increases toxin elimination through increased sweating and respiration as well as encouraging urine and faeces excretion. Liver activity is also increased during exercise, thus further aiding detox.
A good detox programme as well as looking to support and rejuvenate the organs and tissues, will also look at all aspects examining environmental factors. Remember, getting rid of toxins and learning how to recuperate your body is essential for creating lifelong vibrant health.
In my next blog kick – start your bikini body and slim down just in 3 days with a bloat – boosting detox!